Version 1.1.4 June 4, 2008
- Youtube works again.
- Bypass mode now correctly disables the blocklist.
- Fixed a crash on "disk full" condition.
- The heuristic analizer was improved.
- Some new experimental filters where added.
- Minor UI improvements.
Version 1.1.3 November 12, 2007
- Fixed a DoS in the Windows version when processing out of range dates.
Version 1.1.2 October 17, 2007
- Fixed a (non-exploitable) crash that could happen during cache cleanup.
- Fixed a problem with some pages not loading completely.
Version 1.1.1 August 26, 2007
- Fixed a bug leading to false positives that affected YouTube.
Version 1.1 July 29, 2007
- BFilter now caches external scripts it fetches for analyzing.
- Filtering accuracy was improved.
- Added a workaround for "Error decompressing response" problem with Opera and some websites.
- Windows and Mac OS X build systems now use CMake.
Version 1.0.9 January 30, 2007
- Fixed a warning about missing forwarding.xml (Gtk GUI, fresh install).
- Fixed the wrong behaviour of Bypass menu item (Windows GUI).
- Fixed a bug that could lead to false positives.
Version 1.0.8 January 20, 2007
- Support for multiple forwarding configurations.
- Support forwarding to a chain of proxies.
- HTTPS hosts can now be (manually) blocked.
- Improved ad detection accuracy.
- Fixed a crash in the gtk GUI when renaming a filter.
- A man page was added to the source package.
Version 1.0.7 December 22, 2006
- Fixed a possible deadlock.
- Fixed handling of Expect header.
- Improved ad-detection accuracy.
- Various minor bugfixes.
Version 1.0.6 September 4, 2006
- Mac OS X installer will select a different port if 8080 is taken.
- Fixed a problem with windows installer remote proxy auto-detection.
- New option to remove ads completely, as opposed to subsituting them with a clickable replacement image.
- Minor bugfixes and improvements.
Version 1.0.5 July 24, 2006
- Fixed crashes in the GUI with certain versions of GTK.
- The HTML parser and the HTTP stream parser were made more permissive.
- Minor improvements and code cleanups.
Version 1.0.4 July 5, 2006
- Support for forwarding to SOCKS proxies.
- Support for HTTPS forwarding (but not filtering).
- Fixed a small bug that could prevent some ads from being detected.
Version 1.0.3 June 20, 2006
- Fixed a crash caused by infinite recursion.
- Fixed a crash in the gtk GUI.
- <img onclick=...> ads are now handled.
- Improvements for ad-detection heuristics.
- Ability to build with external boost and SpiderMonkey libraries.
Version 1.0.2 May 26, 2006
- Fixed a non-exploitable buffer overflow. It was introduced in 0.10, but didn't have a chance to manifest itself until 0.10.4. Windows and PPC Macs weren't affected.
- A few minor bugs were fixed.
Version 1.0.1 May 23, 2006
- Fixed several problems with the gtk GUI.
- Fixed an infinite loop on platforms where char is unsigned by default.
- Ads generated using innerHTML are now detected.
Version 1.0 May 7, 2006
- Fixed a possible crash that was introduced in 0.10.4.
- Links using onclick rather than href are now handled.
- New rule for url patterns: AD.
- Code cleanups and minor performance improvements.
Version 0.10.4 April 20, 2006
- Fixed a bug that prevented DNS cache from working.
- The process of connecting to servers is now more intelligent.
- Workaround for cases when binary content is served as text/plain.
- New built-in flags for external content filters.
- Minor improvements for ad-detection heuristics.
Version 0.10.3 February 16, 2006
- Feature: GUI request log.
- Feature: Uninstaller for Mac OS X.
- Feature: New rule for url patterns: NOFILTER.
- Feature: Ability to reload filters from the GUI.
- Bugfix: A problem with HTTP/1.0 keep-alive could cause timeouts.
- Bugfix: A case of unnecessary whole-page buffering was fixed.
- Workaround: Improved compatibility with certain software firewalls.
Version 0.10.2 December 19, 2005
- A Mac OS X version is now available.
- Support for Win9x was re-introduced.
- Several new command-line options.
- Fixed a bug that didn't allow server connections to persist.
- Fixed some problems with the Windows installer.
Version 0.10.1 November 1, 2005
- Bugfix: connection failures weren't detected on Windows.
- Bugfix: crashes on certain invalid regular expressions.
- Bugfix: a problem with Flash ananyzer was causing false positives.
- Ability to disable tray icon animation.
- WebDAV support.
- Filter updates.
Version 0.10 October 14, 2005
- Major architectural changes. A new build dependency.
- Dropped support for Win9x.
- Added IPV6 support.
- Ability to modify pages with regular expressions.
- Several new configuration options.
- Removed config files: rules and rules.local.
- New config files: urls and urls.local. They serve as black/white/hint lists.
- Added some new heuristic rules and improved the existing ones.
- The animated tray icon shows network activity.
- The built-in popup detector has been removed. Instead, an external filter is provided that blocks popups among other things.
- Performance improvements, especially in the Windows version.
Version 0.9.4 August 12, 2004
- Now compiles with gcc 3.4.
- Fixed a bug that could damage a script when inlining it.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the detection of onmouseover popups.
- Some other minor improvements and bugfixes.
Version 0.9.3 March 20, 2004
- Fixed a bug that could damage the data being transfered [Unix only].
- Fixed a possible infinite loop.
- Fixed a bug that was not allowing external scripts to be inlined.
- Fixed a build problem on AMD64.
Version 0.9.2 January 4, 2004
- Fixed a bug of not understanding a response without a status message.
- Fixed a bug of not understanding Transfer-Encoding: Chunked (because of the capital C)
- Fixed a bug related to the "100 Continue" response.
- Fixed a bug that caused damaging Flash files while analyzing them.
- More accurate popup detection: window.open('...', '_top') is not a popup.
- New option to completely remove all Flash objects.
Version 0.9.1 December 20, 2003
- Fixed a possible crash bug.
- Fixed a leak of descriptors in the Unix GUI.
- Fixed incompability with CVS glibc.
- Fixed a bug that was causing false negatives.
- Fixed broken output in chunked mode (\n\r instead of \r\n).
- Portability fixes.
Version 0.9.0 December 16, 2003
- Performance improvements.
- Solved stability problems on Win9x.
- Heuristic analyzing of Flash files.
- Support for MAP/AREA ads.
- New dependency: libsigc++ (required even for non-gui builds).
- Flash ads are now replaced with a generated flash file, which loads the original into itself when you click on it.
- Fixed a bug in popup detection code that was causing false positives.
- Fixed a rare bug that was causing an empty page to be returned.
Version 0.8.2 August 22, 2003
- The Unix version now has a GUI.
- There is a visual debug tool integrated into the GUI (Unix only, configure with --enable-debug).
- Fixed a bug with fetching an external script after a redirect
- Support for <embed> outside of <object>.
Version 0.8.1 May 10, 2003
- Fixed a problem with relative URLs containing a colon.
- Fixed a bug with "100 Continue" response handling.
- Fixed a bug related to pipelining.
- Fixed a couple of bugs with deflate and gzip decompressors.
- Fixed a problem with Content-Length: 0 in a "304 Not Modified" response.
- Fixed a bug of not honoring the Accept-Encoding header.
- The Windows version is now multiprocess, which means no more crashes.
- A new config parameter has been added: no_proxy_for.
- Significant performance improvement.
- Flex and Bison are no longer required for compilation.
Version 0.8.0 February 23, 2003
- Deferred ad detection.
- Improved heuristics in the ad detector (less false positives).
- The HTTP layer has been partially rewritten. Now it's more standard compliant.
- New filtering architecture makes it easy to write new filters.
- The ability to turn off the border which is drawn around removed ads, as well as to change its color.
- The ability to remove target="_blank" from A tags.
- Improvements to the Windows installer.
- Bugfixes, mostly in the Windows version.
- The distribution now contains some basic documentation.
Version 0.7.6 December 24, 2002
- Fixed a bug with pipelining and HTTP/1.0 servers.
- Fixed a bug with URL handling.
- Added support for HTTP/0.9 simple responses.
- Functionality and portability improvements.
Version 0.7.5 November 25, 2002
- Fixed stability problems with the Win32 version.
- Fixed the problem with .tar.gz files being decompressed while downloading from some servers.
- Fixed a couple of memory leaks.
- Portability fixes.
Version 0.7.4 November 8, 2002
- Fixed a crash on fetching an external script after a redirect.
- Fixed a problem with IE and POSTs.
- Fixed several url encoding problems.
- A native Win32 port has been made.
Version 0.7.3 October 17, 2002
- Fixed the problem with zombie processes.
- External scripts are now inlined in a safe way.
- The js engine is now initialized only when it's needed.
- This release compiles on Solaris 8.
Version 0.7.2 October 15, 2002
- Popups are now detected and removed.
- Fixed XHTML processing.
- If a server has multiple IPs, all of them are tried until a connection is established.
- More heuristics for ad detection (less false positives).
- This release compiles and runs under Cygwin.
Version 0.7.1 October 10, 2002
- Flash ads and webbugs are now detected and removed
- Fixes and improvements for the request pipelining code (one crash bug fixed).
- More heuristics for ad detection (some self-hosted ads are detected).
- A number of small fixes to various parts of the code.
- Speed improvement: the js engine is not reinitialized on each server response (only on responses that are filtered).
Version 0.7.0 September 23, 2002
- Some non user-visible changes to html processing.
Version 0.6.4 September 13, 2002
- Fixed a serious bug which sometimes caused the chunked transfer to be used without setting the appropriate header.
Version 0.6.3 September 10, 2002
- Finished compression support.
- Fixes and improvements for the timeout-handling code.
Version 0.6.2 September 7, 2002
- Partial support for http compression (server connection only).
Version 0.6.1 August 27, 2002
- Fixed timeout handling.
- Portability fixes.
Version 0.6.0 August 14, 2002
- First version released to public.