Building from Source on Mac OS XTo compile BFitler on Mac OS X, you will need XCode 2.2 and Tiger. The resulting binary will be compatible with Panther as well.
- Download and unpack the ready-to-build package of BFilter's dependencies. Build and install them by following the included readme file.
- Download and upack BFilter's source package, then open
- Click the Build button. Wait for building to complete.
- Using the Terminal application, go to
cd Desktop cd bfilter-0.10.4 cd packaging cd osx
Root access is required to set the correct file permissions, as PackageMaker takes file ownership and permissions directly from the files themselves.
- With Finder, go to
- Edit the version information, both in "Installer Interface" and "Package Version" tabs.
Do Project -> Build and save the resulting package in
- Back in Terminal, do the following: